Using the LFCS certification coupon, get a 35% discount on LFCS exam registration through this limited-time exclusive deal. That is $138.25 savings.
We have also covered all the important information about the LFCS certification exam.
35% Off LFCS Coupon
Get a 35% discount on LFCS certification exam registration.
Use Coupon: SCOFFER15 at checkout
About LFCS Certification
The Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS) is a certification program that tests an individual’s knowledge and skills in administering Linux systems. It is designed for professionals who are responsible for the administration of Linux systems in a production environment.
The certification is based on a hands-on, performance-based examination that tests the candidate’s ability to perform common system administration tasks on a Linux system.
Passing the LFCS exam demonstrates that the candidate has a high level of expertise in Linux system administration, and it is recognized by employers as a benchmark of professional proficiency in this field.
LFCS Exam Details
The following table contains all the important information about the LFCS Exam.
|Domains & Competencies||1. Essential Commands20%|
2. System Configuration15%
4. Virtualization and Containers20%
4. GitOps Basics25%
|LFCS Exam Price||$395|
|LFCS Exam Details||1. LFCS Certification is Valid for 3 Years|
2. It includes 12 Month Exam Eligibility
3. You get One Free Retake
4. LFCS is a Performance-based and Multiple Choice Exam
5. LFCS Exam Duration is 120 minutes
6. You will get a PDF Certificate and Digital Badge after passing the exam.
How to pass the LFCS exam?
Here are the tips that can help you pass the LFCS certification.
- Understand the exam format: Familiarize yourself with the hands-on, performance-based format of the LFCS exam so you know what to expect on test day.
- Study the exam objectives: The Linux Foundation publishes a list of exam objectives that outline the topics that will be covered on the exam. Make sure you understand and can perform tasks related to each objective.
- Get hands-on experience: The best way to prepare for the LFCS exam is to gain practical experience working with Linux systems. This will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to pass the exam.
- Take practice tests: Practice tests can help you identify areas where you need to improve and help you become more familiar with the types of questions that will be on the exam.
- Join a study group: Joining a study group can be a great way to learn from others and get support while you’re preparing for the exam.
- Review Linux documentation and man pages: Linux documentation and man pages are an excellent resource for understanding the command line and other Linux-specific concepts.
- Attend a training course : The Linux Foundation offers training courses that can help you prepare for the LFCS exam.
- Get familiar with the Linux environment: Get familiar with Linux environment and practice a lot on different distributions like Ubuntu, Debian, Centos etc.
- Be well rested: Make sure you get a good night’s sleep before the exam so you’re well-rested and able to focus during the test.
- Be Confident: Believe in yourself and your abilities. You have prepared well, and you have what it takes to pass the exam.
LFCS Certification FAQ’s
Q: What is the purpose of LFCS certification?
A: The purpose of LFCS certification is to demonstrate an individual’s knowledge and skills in administering Linux systems. It is designed to test the candidate’s ability to perform common system administration tasks on Linux systems.
Q: What are the requirements for LFCS certification?
A: To be eligible for LFCS certification, candidates must pass an exam that tests their knowledge of Linux system administration. Candidates should have a basic understanding of Linux concepts and command-line tools, as well as experience working with Linux systems.
Q: How long does the LFCS certification exam take?
A: The LFCS exam typically takes 2-3 hours to complete.
Q: What is the format of the LFCS exam?
A: The LFCS exam is a performance-based test that requires candidates to perform tasks on a live Linux system. Candidates will be presented with a series of tasks and must demonstrate their knowledge and skills by completing them.
Q: How much does the LFCS certification exam cost?
A: The cost of the LFCS certification exam varies depending on the location and proctor. On average it cost around $300 USD.
Q: How long is the LFCS certification valid for?
A: LFCS certification is valid for 3 years from the date of certification. After that, certified individuals can renew their certification by passing the current version of the LFCS exam or by earning continuing education credits.
Q: Can I retake the LFCS certification exam if I fail?
A: Yes, candidates may retake the LFCS certification exam if they do not pass on their first attempt. However, there may be a waiting period before they are allowed to retake the exam and additional fees may apply.